DURING THE CONGRESS
Scheduled activities in the afternoon:
- 4th - 8th July 2016: exhibition and sale of old and modern books about Alexander von Humboldt and Aimé Bonpland. Direction: Jean-Paul Duviols. Participants are invited to provide their books about this subject.
- 5th July 2016: Guided tour of the Jardin des Plantes showing the historical collections of Alexander von Humboldt and Aimé Bonpland. Bvd. Saint Germain, bus number 63 to Jardin des Plantes. Meeting at Botanique building, Phanérogamie entrance, red arrow in attached. Organization: Cécile Aupic, charged on historical collections at l'Herbier of MNHN.
- 5th July 2016, 20 h. Rendez-vous au bord de la Seine.
6th July 2016: Theatre (Spanish-German): El inicio de un largo viaje. Humboldt en Tenerife / Der Anfang einer langen Reise. Humboldt auf
Teneriffa. Direction: Antonia Jaster and Ulises G. Hernández.
Maison du Mexique, Cité Universitaire (Paris), 20 h.
- 7th July 2016: Closing cocktail.
Activities after the Congress:
- 8th July 2016: Guided tour to Saint-Germain-des-Près, following the footsteps of Alexander von Humboldt and Aimé Bonpland (additional fee: 20 €; minimum participation: 10 people). Organization: David Blankenstein, Lorena Vergani, Irene Prüfer. Itinerary: 5, rue Jacob - Institut de France - Palais Royal.
- 9th July 2016: Guided tour to Malmaison, residence of Joséphine Bonaparte whose botanist was Aimé Bonpland (additional fee includes transportation, ticket and lunch; minumum participation, 20 people):
- 10 AM: Departure from Paris-Saint Germain des Prés (35 rue du Bac) in transportation.
- 10:40 AM: Arrival at Rueil Malmaison-Château de Malmaison.
- 11 AM: Guided visit of the residence and the gardens by experts of Bonpland in Malmaison.
- 1 PM: Lunch at the restaurant La Brasserie du Château.
- 3 PM: Departure from Rueil Malmaison.
- Total price: 80€/person.
- Reservations: email@example.com
- Organization: LVBespoke / Irene Prüfer
- 10-14th July 2016: Journey to La Rochelle, birthplace of Aimé Bonpland and sister city with Corrientes (Argentina). Visit to downtown of La Rochelle and Bondpland family farm at Périgny, near to La Rochelle. Organization: Guy Martinière, Eric Montero, Vice president of foreing affairs at La Rochelle University, responsibles of the Museum and Media Library, Eric Courthes.